Trading the Market: Methods in Madness

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Forecast for June 2 came through

In yesterday's post, I had suggested to go short if nifty fell below 4490:

"Wherever it opens, if it trades below 4490, we can short there with SL at 4535, and target 4450."

I am fortunate that the market obliged and at least part of the market action went that way.

I do not mean to suggest that I have a magic formula which will ensure correctness of my forecast all the time - I will be lucky if I get it right 35-40% and the time. The other times I am wrong, I must manage the stop loss in such a way that my overall profit ( 35% of the time ) is more than the losses for the rest of the trades ( 65% of the time).

That is the name of the game - the game of probability - and these are the methods in seeming market madness.

I do not have a forecast for tomorrow as I am not well today. Wish you the best in tomorrow's trading.

Disclaimer: The above analysis is just that - my analysis. If you choose to trade on the basis of this analysis, you will be solely responsible for the outcome of the trade - profit or loss. Please keep in mind that day trading is not for the novice and there is significant risk of loss of capital in trading.

No comments:

Post a Comment