Trading the Market: Methods in Madness

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Nifty Trading: Responding to a Request

Recently, I left a comment on Sudarshanji's blog and this morning one Mr./Ms. "MG" left me a message on my Live Chat - s/he left the message at 2 am Indian time, when I was not quite alive nor dead for sure, just sleeping soundly. The message is:

""
hello...., you wrote " I sure hope so - which is why I am so fond of 20 EMA waves!!!!" in sukhani's blog... can you please tell how to use 20 ema in trading

""

Before I respond to this request, it might be better if I briefly summarize the content of the Sudarshanji's post "Worries on the long term" and my comment. In essence, the issue was DOW Jones is at the same level NOW where it was in 1997. This is the result of reversion to the mean, and might also imply that Indian markets would remain range bound for many months or years having had a growth phase from 2004 to 2008. In my comment I suggested that positional trading would be one way to beat reversion to the mean phenomenon. You can read both the post and my comment here.

Now coming to the request, I can do no better than going back to the master Sudarshanji himself - the major source of my understanding of technical analysis. Please study and review many many times his amazing post Swing Trading Presentation - March 7, 2009 which clearly explains how to use WMA ( or EMA for that matter ) waves. I hope this will help the person who made the request.


If you have any comments please write to me at stockmarket.methods.in.madness@gmail.com

Like this post? You can receive it free by subscribing. Just click on this link


Disclaimer: The above analysis is just that - my analysis. If you choose to trade on the basis of this analysis, you will be solely responsible for the outcome of the trade - profit or loss. Please keep in mind that trading and in particular day trading is not for the novice and there is significant risk of loss of capital in trading.

No comments:

Post a Comment